Booktube-a-thon TBR! #BTAT17

I love booktube-a-thon, it's the time of year where I actually hunker down and read books. My past experiences in booktube-a-thon have been extremely successful and I think it's due to literally everyone in the bookternet community participating. I find it's easier to get reading done when I log onto twitter and seeing how well everyone is doing, or participating in reading sprints. It's just a fun time. This year, I work almost every day during booktube-a-thon, so I plan on getting zero sleep if only it helps my goodreads goal for the year. *flashback to the post I wrote about not caring about my goodreads goal???*
I've never blogged during booktube-a-thon before, and I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. I'm definitely going to post daily on my instagram. I find it's easiest to update my progress there because it's quick and easy and I can do it right at midnight for more accurate daily stats. I may do a mid-week update here, and then a wrap up, but we'll see.
[[If you want to see the videos on my youtube channel from past years I've participated here's the 2014 playlist, my 2015 TBR and Wrap-Up, and my 2016 TBR and Wrap-Up.]]
Anyway, every year there's a list of challenges for the booktube-a-thon to help build a tbr. I sort of use to to help myself but really I just pick books I want to read and hope it fits in with the challenges. The challenges this year are:
1. Read a book with a person on the cover.
2. Read a hyped book.
3. Finish a book in one day.
4. Read about a character different from you.
5. Finish a book completely outdoors.
6. Read a book you bought because of the cover.
7. Read seven books.
I recently went and watched my book hauls from 2014 and 2015 in an attempt to pair down my TBR pile BooksandLala style and discovered books from way back then that I still haven't read. So some of those I've worked into this TBR and others are just here cause I want to read them. A small disclaimer: I'm always picking a crap ton of books for this read-a-thon mostly because I'm a very indecisive person and every year I'm like, 'there's no way I'm going to read all of these.' I'm right, I don't read them all, because I usually end up reading books that were never supposed to be on the TBR in the first place. 
Anyways, here's my TBR for booktube-a-thon:
1. The Girl at  Midnight, Melissa Grey - I've had this book in my TBR pile since May 2015, so I think it's time. Also, I bought it cause I liked the cover! It's supposed to be a lot like Six of Crows, so i'm down.
2. Vicious, V.E. Schwab - I've had this one in my TBR pile since December 2014! That is absolutely insane. Also, it's not too long, and I think I might be able to read it in one day. This is about two arch nemesis who were once college roommates.
3. The Eleventh Doctor Vol. 1: After Life - I got this graphic novel trade last year for Christmas. I read the first issue of the series when it first came out, but didn't have the time to continue getting the issues. I'm excited to read the others, now! I'm hoping to read this on a nice day so I can read it all outside, completing another challenge.
4. The House of Hades and 5. The Blood of Olympus, Rick Riordan - I've read the first three books in this series, but I'd really love to finish the rest while it's still fresh in my mind and before I go back to school. They both have people on the cover and I would consider the series hyped so these two books complete two challenges!
6. No More Heroes, Michelle Kan - If you find this on goodreads, you'll notice it only has 13 ratings and 8 reviews. I heard about this book through twitter and I pretty sure it's self-published? Though I could be wrong. But the people I've seen talk about it on Twitter seem to really have enjoyed it and it's diverse characters. I liked the concept so I picked it up on my e-reader. This covers the 'read about a character different from you' challenge!
So that leaves room for one more book if I can manage it. But I'm going to leave it open so I can mood-read if I need to. I like having the opportunity to choose a book on the fly.
I'm not reading the booktube-a-thon buddy read, mainly because I don't want to be adding more books to my tbr. I've really been trying to actually read the books I already have, and I want this read-a-thon to help me do that. I actually plan on doing a big unhaul both on my tbr at home, and the ones I've left at my school-home very soon. It's just gotten ridiculous and I'd like less clutter in my life.
It feels sort of weird participating in booktube-a-thon but not actually being on booktube anymore 0 it makes me have an urge to vlog or something. Alas, not this year. Don't forget to follow my instagram to get nightly updates, and add me on goodreads to see how the books are going! 





Comments